NATURAL GAS PIPELINE | In Operation
LA Storage Pipeline
- Location: Sulphur, Louisiana
- Pipeline Connections: Cameron Interstate Pipeline, Florida Gas Transmission Company, Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, Texas Eastern Transmission Company, Transcontinental Gas Pipeline, Trunkline Gas Company
- Commercial Operation: August 2006
LA Storage Pipeline is a 23.3-mile natural gas pipeline header system located in Calcasieu and Beauregard Parishes near the city of Sulphur, Louisiana that interconnects with six major pipelines throughout the Gulf Region.
The pipeline interconnects with Cameron Interstate Pipeline, Florida Gas Transmission Company, Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, Texas Eastern Transmission Company, Transcontinental Gas Pipeline and Trunkline Gas Company.
LA Storage Pipeline currently provides firm and interruptible transportation, park-and-loan, and imbalance services to liquefied natural gas shippers, producers, local industrial end-users, distribution companies, and marketing companies and others in the market.
LA Storage Pipeline is jointly owned by SEI Storage Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sempra Energy International (“SEI”) and ProLiance Transportation and Storage-Liberty, LLC (“PT&S”). SEI owns 75 percent of LA Storage, with PT&S owning the remaining 25 percent.
- Provides a safe and reliable natural gas storage solution
- Promotes increased access to emerging Southwest shale gas production
- Helps meet the country's demand for cleaner energy sources
At Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, safety is our top priority. That extends to the operation of our underground natural gas pipelines. Learn more about pipeline safety and how to recognize if a pipeline is located near you.